What is URL forwarding and How one can use it for promoting CPA offer ?
Lets say, You want to promote an Panasonic LCD TV related offer. In URL forwarding what we do is, Get a domain name like: freepanasoniclcdtv.com or getpanasonictvfree.com or anything related to the offer and then link/forward that URL to your CPA offer.
So, When someone visit’s the domain he gets redirected to your CPA offers. As simple as that!
Strategy sounds too good and easy right ? Keep in mind, Not every yellowish shining thing can be gold …
Let me tell you the plus points as well as the minus points about this strategy.
- Easy To Rank in Search Engines
- Visitors trust easily because they see a BRAND’s name included in domain
- Very easy to setup and get started
- Less investment required. Just get the domain and you’re ready to go!
- Many times, Not allowed by CPA networks!
- A network can even BAN you for using this strategy!
- You may get in trouble because of using a Registered company name.
- You won’t be able to use Google Adwords for promoting the domain name!
- In a way you’re fooling others 😉 ( You Kno what We’re talking about )
- The domain name can be de-indexed by google for breaking T&C’s of companies!
- and many more…..
Do you see ? Very less advantages and many disadvantages.. The thing is, Its a clever strategy for sure but not a right path to move on!
But in case you plan to use this strategy then definitely consult with your Affiliate Manager and tell him/her your strategy honestly and ask for their opinion!